“I foster strong relationships with each patient and collaborate with them to determine their best possible care.”
Dr. Beckler completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of California, Los Angeles, one of the most prestigious and oldest training programs for his sub-specialty in the country. Prior to joining Sansum Clinic, Dr. Beckler worked and trained in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Santa Barbara with leaders and pioneers in the field and served on the UCLA faculty as a Clinical Instructor.
Dr. Beckler graduated magna cum laude from Washington and Lee University, attended medical school at the University of Virginia School of Medicine and completed his residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. His comprehensive residency training included in-depth experience and exposure to all areas of adult and pediatric ear, nose and throat surgery, as well as facial plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Prior to entering the field of medicine, Dr. Beckler was a cancer research scientist focusing on head and neck cancer. He has published many research articles and book chapters, and has given scientific presentations in the fields of cancer research and ear, nose and throat surgery. Mentoring and teaching medical students, residents and fellows is a highlight of Dr. Beckler’s career and he incorporates this nurturing approach when interacting with and caring for patients.
Dr. Beckler is highly regarded by his mentors, peers and patients for his caring disposition and his ability to relate to and communicate with others. He believes in treating patients as individuals and fostering a physician-patient relationship that encourages patients’ involvement and collaboration in their care. Dr. Beckler strives to make his patients feel comfortable and well-cared for while providing the most current and comprehensive medical treatment.
Dr. Beckler’s area of expertise is Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and includes:
- Rhinoplasty (cosmetic and functional nasal surgery), septoplasty, turbinate reduction
- Aging face surgery (face, brow and necklift, liposuction)
- Facial implants
- Facial rejuvenation (laser treatment, skin restoration, BOTOX®, Juvederm®, and other cosmetic treatments)
- Hair restoration
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty, cosmetic and functional eye surgery)
- Otoplasty (cosmetic and functional ear surgery)
- Removal of skin cancer
- Facial reconstruction after Mohs surgery
- Microvascular surgery, head and neck reconstruction
- Facial reanimation for facial nerve weakness/paralysis
- Facial trauma surgery
- Chronic nasal and sinus disorders, endoscopic sinus surgery
- Adult and pediatric general ear, nose and throat medical and surgical care
Dr. Beckler is Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is a Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.